Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

EGG'd Brulee

Creme Brulee is without a doubt one of my favorite desserts. I have always wondered if it could be done on an Egg, so this weekend I put the theory to the test. 

I started off scalding some heavy cream over medium heat, adding a halved and scraped vanilla bean and some of my favorite sweet bbq rub. Strained the cream mixture, whisked some egg yolks and sugar, tempered with the cream, then combined everything. 

The ramekins were filled and placed in a water bath inside a cake pan, placed into a 325F Large Egg & baked for approx 40 minutes. The creme was removed and refrigerated for approx 4 hours. 

I topped the creme with sugar and torched it until it was shatter like. The family really enjoyed this dessert with we will definitely do it again. 

Comments

• NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,947
    Saw this on my Twitter feed. Thanks for posting here also. Nice work Craig!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Saw this on my Twitter feed. Thanks for posting here also. Nice work Craig!
    Thanks! They turned out pretty well. I would probably add a little more sugar to the creme next time. 
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,947
    I've never made this but it appears to have about the same texture & consistency as a homemade Flan. Yes?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • tonyledtonyled Posts: 521
    i LOVE creme brulee!  nice work!!!
  • I've never made this but it appears to have about the same texture & consistency as a homemade Flan. Yes?
    I would say fairly close. 
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,925
    Looks good sir. Impressive
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • s_clauss_claus Posts: 74
    Great idea and the results look delicious.
    HO HO HO
    LBGE in Lawrenceville, GA