Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egg tables

Options
jabam
jabam Posts: 1,829
First time egg owner....bought a large. I'm building a metal table for my Egg, is it ok to just set the Egg on the metal shelf? or should I put something between the bottom and the shelf?
Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I would definitely recommend putting something between the Egg and the metal shelf.  They will transfer heat between the two very easily.  Take a look at @NPHuskerFL table setup.  He has a very nice metal table setup and could speak to this as well.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• jabam
    Options
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the info!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
     Agree with @YEMTrey
    Using a table nest allows for air movement and will help minimize heat transfer to the table which, depending on the type of metal, could over time cause discoloration &/or warping. Mine is on a table nest that has been customized with legs (did this for height more than anything). Will watch to see the build. Good luck. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jabam
    Options
    Thanks for the help. Will put pics when done
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    jabam said:
    Thanks for the help. Will put pics when done
    We are going to hold you to it.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's