Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Couple of New and a Spatch

Options
Auburntgr
Auburntgr Posts: 78
edited March 2015 in EggHead Forum
Another break in the weather and I had to get back to the egg.  Decided to try a couple of new items and a old friend with a spatchcock chicken.

I was inspired by @taarheelmatt with his sausage poppers and tried them myself. A quick trip to the store and found some great peppers.  Stuffed them with cream cheese and encased the goodness with some sausage. 

My sausage poppers came out more like boulders but it was the only way I could get the sausage to stick all the way around.  Threw the chicken and boulders on the egg raised direct at about 425.  

Sausage Pepper boulders came out great with the right amount of heat and a ton of flavor.  

I bought a Dutch Oven a while ago and decided to go for a maiden voyage.  Found an easy recipe for campfire cobbler.  

White Cake Mix
Sprite
Cherry Pie Filling

Dump the cherry pie filling in the bottom of the Dutch Oven.  Mix twelve ounces of sprite with the white cake mix and dump it over the filling.  Really easy and delicious for a first try at dessert on the egg.  

Great night getting some time with the Egg and a happy family with the dinner.  
Franklin, TN Medium and large Green Egg

Comments