Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza and dump cake

Options
Tonight, I decided it was pizza time. Actually, i decided a few days ago so my dough had time to cold rise in the fridge. Wife did the pizza making, i did the egg lighting (and beer drinking(but she is drinking jack)). TEAM EFFORT PEOPLE!!!!! Keys to a solid marriage. 
Anyways, made the first pizza, and cooked it. Stone wasnt quite hot enough, crust didnt rise so well. This one is bbq chicken with sweet baby rays for sauce, smoked pulled chicken i did a while back, onions, bacon, mozz, cheddar cheeses. Delicious. 

Next was sausage and pepperoni with onions. This was phenomenally better. 

After that, came the dump cake in the dutch oven.  
I did find some rocks in my first bowl full of rockwood. Craftsman 1/4" ratchet for size comparison. Not certain what happened to the picture insertion functionality, but it sucks. Every other good forum uses vbulletin, i vote we switch. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

Comments

• milesvdustin
    Options
    The dump cake is still in the egg. Pictures are chronological with the story. This change sucks now. 

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Man that thing browned up nice. Bring on the  dump cake. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    What is a dump cake? I'm afraid to google image that one. Two girls one cup comes to mind :punch: 
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Dump cake is where you dump random stuff into the dutch oven, no mixing required. This one is two cans of cherry pie filling, a box of brownie mix on top, two sticks of butter, cut in pats and placed evenly on top of the mix, and then a bsg of chopped walnuts spread on top.

Bake at 350 until done (about 45 min) then let it rest. It will be gooey until you let it cool down. 

• milesvdustin
    Options
    It definitely bubbles a lot and smells amazing coming out of the dome. Here is the finished one cooling on the counter. 

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Thank you! Consider this ripped off. Why the foil? Protection?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I want mine with ice cream please. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    My wife thinks the seasoning in the dutch oven will be forever ruined if anything gets on it. I want to make smoked chicken chili in it. I think its also a cleanup issue, this stuff is really messy. Tons of sugar in it.

Ice cream is a necessity with this. I just ate a massive helping, its bedtime.  

We got this thing and i scrubbed the lodge seasoning out, then we did 6 super super thin coats of coconut oil, baked on at 500 degrees for 45 minutes each coat. real thin, like rub a layer on and wipe it as dry as possible with paper towel. Its black and shiny now, not sticky. 

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Nice team effort on the pizzas.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Everything looks delicious.... from the pizza to the dessert!!