Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jeepster47's crazy score!!

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
edited February 2015 in Off Topic
Ok, this reads like a stupid internet joke, but @jeepster47 scored a LBGE with a challenger cart, full AR setup, smokeware cap, and even some lump for FREE!!!

He was cruising craigslist on a lark and found this posting:
quadcities.craigslist.org/app/4902106745.html

I don't have all the details yet.  I couldn't go, but he brought a buddy.  From what I gather he loaded it up, got a receipt and a bill of sale.  He was pulling away as the cheating husband showed up.  He said it got dicey but he has the Egg!!  When he gets back he will have to tell the rest of the story.  He did say the wife said her husband could keep his cheap "rack" but he wasn't getting to keep the egg.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• sodigthisbigcrux
    Options
    Knowing as many crazy women as I do, I'd have a hard time driving away with dude's stuff before getting the whole story. I don't condone cheating, but I once had a very jealous g/f try to pull the same stuff with my music gear..specifically my primary bass. Thing is, she was out of her mind and WRONG. If I would have rolled up on some dude trying to capitalize we'd have ended up on the 6'Clock News. Good deals are cool....but this kind of stinks, imo
    Battle Ground, WA
    Large BGE,  MiniMax  and a Vision Kub.
    Could you call on Lady Day, could you call on John Coltrane?
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    WoW! :rofl: 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Knowing as many crazy women as I do, I'd have a hard time driving away with dude's stuff before getting the whole story. I don't condone cheating, but I once had a very jealous g/f try to pull the same stuff with my music gear..specifically my primary bass. Thing is, she was out of her mind and WRONG. If I would have rolled up on some dude trying to capitalize we'd have ended up on the 6'Clock News. Good deals are cool....but this kind of stinks, imo
    I don't know the full details, but the receipt matched the ladies name.  I figure that makes it hers.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    lol is this for real? I'm skeptical

In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    That is either wonderful or awful, or both.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Its for real.  Kind of wish I had gone, but figured he was going to get mugged.  I'm wary of CL and generally avoid it.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    This is awesome! I hope that moron enjoys his lesson. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Jamie,  if you say it is true I will believe it... How did your Dad drive all the way over to the Quad Cities from Washington, IL and  be the first one to get there? I hope he stopped and bought a few IL Lotto tickets today as well!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    edited February 2015
    Options
    For hubby's sake I hope the lay was worth it....cause he's got no egg to show for it...

Forgot to add that he is lucky that his wife did do the lorena bobbitt on him.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Moral of the story...be faithful. A scorned woman is nothing to be toyed with. One man's misery becomes another man's..... cooker :naughty: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Serves that jack leg right!  Glad Tom didn't get his ass whipped. 
  • bweaver
    bweaver Posts: 112
    Options
    Dang, she just gave away the only thing he loved.....poor basturd 
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    The best part is how she described the Smokeware cap...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @XC242 I disagree. The best part is it went for a $1! DB got what was coming to him. :lol: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Oh ya...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    "I went out this afternoon to meet a shopping consultant to buy my wife's birthday present.  When I got home she had given my egg away!"
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Ouch. Not sure how I feel about this. Always two sides to every story but anybody who doesn't even understand what they are selling in an Egg can't be trusted.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    was the cheater on the forum? 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Since this involves respected forum members, I'll believe it, otherwise not so much.

While I don't know the laws, I sure would like to hear that the hubby pressed charges and wifey went to jail.  Part of this whole equality thing means women shouldn't be able to go all Fatal Attraction and get away with it.

Congrats to jeepster on the score, their problems have nothing to do with him.  Happy egging jeepster!

Phoenix 
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Moral of the story...be faithful. A scorned woman is nothing to be toyed with. One man's misery becomes another man's..... cooker :naughty: 

Exactly!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• Chicklet
    Chicklet Posts: 205
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    was the cheater on the forum? 
    Doubtful.  It was an unused Egg!!!!  
    Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ok, Ok guys.  @blasting made me wince a bit with the trust part.  @Jeepster47 did get a new Egg and Challenger Cart.  He does have a new AR setup and a Chinese Hat for it.

I was trying to think of a fun way to roll out his new score, and thought craigslist would be a fun prank.

I did my best to channel angry crazy lady and that started this ball rolling. There was no free egg (none of us are ever that lucky), but there is a new Egg.

Personally I would stay far far away from a deal like that on craigslist.  I prefer to stay alive more than I prefer good deals.

@RRP warned me to come clean quick.  I maybe let it go a little long, but after a few beers on Saturday my judgment isn't the best :)

Hope you all can forgive me .... btw, I blame it on @travisstrick and his singing niece's thread .... @travisstrick did you hear that bus go by?

If it makes you guys feel better know I get to spend Sunday dealing with craigslist responses seeking my "free" egg I posted.  Next time I should delete it sooner.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Lol.  So me telling you I believed you as a trusted forum contributor guilted you into fessing up!?

Too bad, I liked the story.  Drama, thriller, possibly even a homicide...
    Phoenix 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Ha!  Not to be mean, but you deserve the craigslist rewards. Good one. :pirate: 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Just to add a bit more comeuppance we can't even get pictures of it outside.  Turns out when you assemble your table and egg inside you should measure to make sure you can get it outside later!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Just to add a bit more comeuppance we can't even get pictures of it outside.  Turns out when you assemble your table and egg inside you should measure to make sure you can get it outside later!
    LMAO! In case people here don't know Tom is a retired engineer which make this predicament so funny!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    It was still a good story. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    blasting said:
    ... possibly even a homicide...
    Yea, the witness protection program didn't look interesting ... egg or no egg.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    :rofl: