Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thai style Shrimp Pops

I wanted to do a simple appetizer that I could throw together without much effort.

I found some mini steak skewers (for identifying well done steaks) in the cupboard that I forgot I had and decided to experiment with some shrimp and limes that I had in.

I put an 1/8 of a lime onto the skewer, then the shrimp.  I then added some sugar, chilli flakes and squeezed the rest of the lime juice on top of them all.

I then cooked them direct using a mesh to stop them from falling into the Egg.  I did some blue cheese stuffed mini peppers as a side experiment.   They worked great but the cheese went everywhere.

I served the shrimp with some sweet chilli dipping sauce.  The theory being you squeeze the hot lime over the shrimp and dip.   They worked great and went down a storm.

Large BGE, Mini Max

Wigan, UK

Comments