Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Cordon Turkey Bacon anyone?

Options
I'm not sure what to call it, but we made it! Maybe it should just be called stuffed chicken? 

Anyway, we had some boneless chicken chicken breasts that we wanted to get cooked up tonight and I was looking for something a little different to do with them. I stumbled upon this recipe from the forum: https://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/grilled-chicken-cordon-bleu/

BUT, I only had turkey bacon, dijon mustard and some colby cheese. So, off we went. I threw on some smoked paprika, garlic powder and onion powder with some S&P on the outside and threw them on around 425. Took about 20-25 minutes. 

They came out pretty good! I wish I had brined though. But we got started late and I didn't have time to brine. It wasn't real moist. I also don't have a meat tenderizer (now added to the list) so I just butterflied the chicken and folded it all in. I also improvised with some skewers for toothpicks. Worked perfect. 

The flavor was great and SWMBO loved it, so we're calling it a win and planning for new adventures down the road for stuffing more boneless chicken. 

Any other suggestions for stuffed chicken out there? 
Just chillin' and lovin' the eggin' life! Facebook • My Graphic Design Website

Comments