Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoked for R40!

Options
I've been a Rush fan since the fall of 1976 and back then I was never allowed to go to concerts. When I became an adult I was usually either deployed or couldn't afford to attend when Rush came on tour. I've seen them a few times since I've been out of the Navy and have a sane schedule as well as a large enough income to be able to go.

Back in 2007 I took my 16 month old son to see Rush in San Antonio TX spending a small fortune on child specific hearing protection. He loved their music as we rode in the car and he was having a grand ol' time at the concert. So... when he discovered that Rush was coming to New Orleans in May and that this could very well be their last major tour he begged me to go. I figured if we're going to do it lets do it right.

The Gold VIP ticket packages sold out before I could even get logged in, but I did manage to snag a couple of Silver VIP ticket packages. He's happy as a clam and can't wait to rock out with his dad.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    Very cool! I have only seen Blurays of their concerts. I can only imagine how awesome they would be to see in person.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    I saw them on tour in the early 80's Neil Peart is amazing. Wish they had a concert in Jacksonville on this tour.
    Jacksonville FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Thaawesome grande story and y'all will certainly have an awesome experience at this Rush concert. @Dobie I too wish they were coming thru here.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Woody
    Woody Posts: 125
    Options
    Enjoy the concert, I will be seeing them at the Palace of Auburn Hills, well outside of Detroit.
    Amazing what those 3 guys are able to do.
    Woody in Northville, MI
    Large BGE with AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware Cap, Wok, Grill Grates and Kettle Q
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    The Time Machine Tour was great.

I will be there on the 22nd.  Smoothie King center, section 101.
    NOLA