Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat Church Super Bowl

Options
This is kind of late but anyway.....
It was a pretty low key weekend of cooks for us, but we made 2 of our all time favorites for the big game on Sunday.

First we made our annual Super Bowl bacon wrapped shrimp. I always add a sliver of jalapeño and jack cheese inside the bacon and season it with whatever I feel like. This weekend it was our Honey Hog Hot (which isn't hot unless you pour it on heavy). I found some massive shrimp at a new seafood market in town. These babies could have been a meal by themselves. So dang good!

Then we made our usual weekend wings. However, we are working on a new all purpose rub that I think gave us great color. After 45 mins of indirect, I tossed the wings in a homemade Alabama white sauce and threw them back on the Egg direct for 15 mins to lock in the sauce. You can't see the color after the cook but dang they were good. We used the same sauce for dipping. 
XL, Large, Mini-Max in Texas - Big Green Egg Competition Team 

Comments