Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Sausage Rolls

Options
Chrispy Bob
Chrispy Bob Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sausage_Rolls.JPG
<p />I picked up four of the silicon mats that the folks at BBQ GURU had for sale at the Waldorf Eggfest and decided to give them a try today. For those of you that don't know what I mean, they are high temperature perforated mats used for cooking and smoking. The picture shows one on the left.
I took BBQ Bob's recipe and did a variation on it. As you can see I did three rolls. The filling is the same in all three. The one on the left was glazed with Ken Stone's Cross Roads, the one in the center is plain, and the one on the right is glazed with Ken's Big Chief.
They turned out great. They could be used for breakfast or party snacks.
This is the filling I used:[p]1 lb. ground turkey breast
1/2 cup craisins
1 large onion, sliced and carmalized in a little oil then cooled to room temp.
1/4 cup crumpled blue cheese. (got that idea from BBQ Bob. Think I will try pepper jack next time.)
1/4 cup egg substitute.
1 Tablespoon Ken's Red Rooster
Mixed and then refrigerated overnight.[p]Cooked at 300ºƒ, direct, elevated grid on the small till the internal temp was 160ºƒ. After about 25 min. you can gently unroll and remove the mats. The glaze was added when they reached about 150ºƒ.
Covered and let sit on the counter for a while.
Slice on the bias and serve.[p]Chrispy Bob

Comments