Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Pizza Blasphemy---

The Pack and the Cowboys are coming up ...I made dough and am going to bake it on the BGE stone inside the house in my OVEN!!

The stone has been pre-heated for the past hour at 550 degrees.....the dough has risen for the past hour..it's separated and resting for 10 minutes before I throw it into crusts..

The fresh Mozz is ready..the tomato's my wife jarred are purried...the basil is ready..now it's time to relax and have a good ol' fashioned Wisconsin ..Brandy Ol' Fashion..see you guy's in a few hours

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

Glenbeulah, WI

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    LOL, that's the only way I EVER do pizza. It'll be great. GO PACK!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    I'll sneak in a pic...

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,232

Well, that's no fun. No fun at all. 

Pulling for Cheese ( no pun)

Want to see Jerry Jone's head explode live in national TV. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,972
    edited January 2015
    Looks great! Here's my sorry excuse for pizza.

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bcsnave
    There ain't no bad pizza..enjoy!

Glenbeulah, WI

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,833
    bcsnave said:
    I'll sneak in a pic...
    Looks good. I have pizzas on deck for tonight, won't be done on my egg either...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bcsnave

@DMW

Show em if ya' got em

Glenbeulah, WI

• DMW
    bcsnave said:

@DMW

Show em if ya' got em

Ok, I don't do much without taking pictures... Here goes my contribution to non BGE pizza tonight.

Fired the BS:

Once the stones were temping around 750* lower and 850* upper I put on the first cheese:

Meh...

Did another cheese, kiddos like it simple. Looked about the same.

Next up I did something a bit different. Sun-dried tomato pesto for the base rather than sauce, then feta cheese, kalamata olives, prosciutto, and then seasoned liberally with Dizzy Pig Mediterranean-ish. I really liked this combo.

And last up for dessert, S'more pizza - Nutella/Peanut Butter/Marshmallows. 
    Warm the Nutella/PB in the microwave for about 15 seconds first, makes it easy to spread/drizzle on.

I dropped the temp down after the Mediterranean pizza to bake this one lower and slower. I didn't want to scorch the sugary toppings, and also didn't want char flavor on the crust. This was really good, I will be making this again.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,081
    bcsnave said:

There was one.  

So the same people that think humans have no effect on climate change, now are convinced they control the weather?  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,083
    Nice pizza's DMW!
    Not a felon
  • bcsnave
    edited January 2015

Wow...the s'mores look great....I am going to have to check out a Blackstone

Glenbeulah, WI

• mlamb01
    mlamb01 Posts: 210
    The BGE inspired me to start making the pizzas, now I do them in the oven.  When the I have to turn the AC back on in my house, I will start doing them in the egg again.  The picture is of a pie done in my oven at 500 degrees, on the top rack on a cast iron pizza pan.
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Maybe a silly question. Can you add wood chips to the Blackstone oven?
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 566
    First attempt.
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • DMW
    Tinyfish said:

No.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• blind99

man i love pizza on the egg.  picks up just a little smoky flavor.  darned kids ate the rest of mine, which was supposed to be today's lunch. 

mighty nice looking pies above.  my favorite has to be that nutella/peanut butter/marshmallow concoction that @dmw did above.  @dmw did you make the dough?  if so what kind of flour are you using in it?

• DMW
    blind99 said:

man i love pizza on the egg.  picks up just a little smoky flavor.  darned kids ate the rest of mine, which was supposed to be today's lunch. 

mighty nice looking pies above.  my favorite has to be that nutella/peanut butter/marshmallow concoction that @dmw did above.  @dmw did you make the dough?  if so what kind of flour are you using in it?

@blind99
    Yes, I did make the dough. I used this recipe (I have the book, highly recommend it)

I have adjusted it to 65% hydration from 70% the recipe calls for, and I divide it to 6 dough balls rather than 5.

As far as the flour, I use Conagra Occient flour I get in 50 lb sacks from a local Amish store. It's a bit higher protein all purpose flour. We use it for all our baking.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited January 2015
    bcsnave said:
    1. Dominoes.
    2. Papa Johns.
    3. Pizza with corners.
    4. Any pizza made in the south, by southerners.  (occasionally a northerner who has relocated to a southern state will open up a proper establishment. ;) )
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,126
    DMW said:
    No.
    A few wood chips on the outer edge of the pizza stone?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • DMW
    Photo Egg said:
    DMW said:
    No.
    A few wood chips on the outer edge of the pizza stone?
    Perhaps, but I'd be concerned it would immediately ignite. The stone is being rotated by a rotisserie motor, when it passes the flame, I think bad things may happen. :)

Here's a video of it in operation:
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• blind99
    @dmw Thanks for the tips, I'll check out the book.  I sort of wing it with my dough - I measure the water, salt, oil, and yeast, but I don't keep track of the amount of flour I add.  Never calculated a % hydration, but I'd like to know now.