Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie Ribs

Options
Hi Eggsperts,

I threw on a good looking rack of ribs this morning at 225.  What should my plan be if I am not going to put any BBQ on them? From what I gather, it looks like I should keep them on for about 4 hours then foil and put in the cooler for 30.  Does it sound like I am on the right track?

Comments

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    I like the 3-2-1 method.  Indirect straight on the rack for 3hrs, foil (I spritz with apple juice) for 2 hours, then finish unfoiled for last hour or until done (times may vary).  Good luck!
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I personally do not foil. I did a rack yesterday and ran at 250 dome for 5 hours they were superb, still had a little pull but were also good and juicy. The bend test is what I go with..You can also use the Forum search and you will get everything and more you will need..Good luck and enjoy.. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....