Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First week of cooking on the Egg

Options
Well, after the first week of cooking, I have learned a lot. I have smoked a turkey breat, pork lion and cooked chicken breast and last night tried a brisket. I believe the brisket is considered a flat and picture of the finished product is below. The brisket was a little dry but part of that was due to the cut as the butcher had trimmed nearly all the fat off. Used a little of the Dead Guy BBQ sauce that I whipped up with slight modification and the family loved it. The only problem I see is we are cooking so much that leftovers are starting to pile up.
XL BGE, Akorn and one very old Ducane... 
HUSKER Football, UK Basketball (Went to 2 good sports schools)  
Washington Mo.

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

Sounds like a good problem.

Nice thing with BBQ, it freezes nicely.

Welcome to the group/ obsession/ cult???

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Here here. I am on meat/chicken overload too. Thats what happens when you get something as good as an BGE.

Reading this fourm doesn't help either when you see pictures of everyone's excellent cooks then I say I what to try/eat that too.
  • mickstephen
    Options
    The wife and I just had brisket and egg breakfast sandwiches. Get creative and you can find some great ways to use your leftovers. :D
  • jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Welcome. Grilling will never be the same. Enjoy!!!!!
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • MadcapMagician
    Options
    Make quesadilla's with the left overs or make a plate of nachos smothered in meat of choice, some cheese...etc
    1 brand new XL BGE 1-22" WSM 1-Weber Performer 1-Four Seasons gasser West Islip, New York
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Welcome to the forum ... yep, forgot to tell you about the pile up of left overs didn't they.

I notice you're in the right town (Washington), but wrong state (MO) ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @BigKlu - you're off to a great start! If you like your neighbors, pass 'em some leftovers. Your leftovers are likely better than most of the stuff they are cooking on their own.  :D
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!