Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

henapple made me do it ... quesadillas

Options
Jeepster47
Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
The missus refused to buy me something new to cook until the backlog of left overs was under control.  So, when I saw henapple's quesadilla cook, the leftover spatched chicken came out of the frig.  Added some mushrooms, green peppers, onions, tomatoes, and a little touch of Penzeys' fajita seasoning to the mix.  It was raining, so the mix was heated up in the kitchen ...  

The egg was heated to 400 degrees, as per instructions, and a test cook was performed with a buttered tortilla heavily powdered (powdered hell, it was coated) with brown sugar.  Don't have a CI griddle, so used a low-sided DO as a substitute. I had the cook time calculated correct with the brown sugar test, but the opening and closing of the lid to cook the series of quesadillas pushed the temp up to about 450 degrees.  The final quesadilla was cooked for one minute on the first side of a buttered tortilla, flipped it and covered half of it with the filling and a dollop of grated cheese, then cooked that side for two plus minutes ... folded the empty flap over the melted cheese and headed for the table.

Thanks Mr. henapple for the nudge ...

"Proof of cook" photo:

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

Comments