Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib Smoked w whiskey

Options

There are many great suggestions on the community on  how best to your cook prime rib.  I offer yet another with perhaps a slight twist involving smoke and whiskey.  I first hand rub the prime rib with garlic infused olive oil.  I season liberally with a favorite steak seasoning, supplemented with salt and pepper. As many have said, you really want to very good crust of spices formed during cooking. 

I then cook indirectly with Jack Daniels wood blocks for smoke. I put the blocks on the fire dry just prior to cooking the prime rib. The drip pan has a 50/50 mixture of water and a cheap whiskey.  I cook around 275-300--until middle temperature is 120 F. 

I find the whiskey imparts a very nice flavor that I have not had in other prime ribs.

Comments

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I disagree, I usually smoke with bourbon.  One glass of bourbon when I start the lump.  One glass of bourbon when I put on the rub.  Noe lass of bourrbon when I put the meat mo.  2 more glllasses of purloin when I'm waiting.   Then bed. .Get up and pour another bourbon.  Wait and watch and drink more bourbon.  When it's done, I have another galass of bourbron.  This resist has never failed me. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.