Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison Chili

Options
Started some venison chili this morning. Threw a little oak in with the lump to give a bit of smoke. Can't wait tI'll it is done, smelLing good so far!
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Comments

• skellis614
    Options
    @shadowcaster how'd it turn out? Looking for a good recipe for a friends recent kill!
    LBGE, Burgeoning Accessories
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    Haven't had time to hit the woods yet. Any pictures of the deer?
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    It turned out really good! I used ground venison, cubed venison, bacon and Lil' smokies for the meat. I cooked the bacon and Lil smokies in the Dutch oven first then browned all the meat along with celery, onion, green pepper and fresh diced jalapeño. Once that was browned I added the rest of the ingredients....

tomatoe sauce
    diced tomatoes
    pinto beans
    kidney beans
    black beans
    Chili powder
    kosher salt
    black pepper
    diced green chilies
    honey
    Sugar
    beer
    ground cumin
    Habenero hot sauce

I really didn't measure anything out so can't give you exacts. I let all of that simmer at about 200 for 7 hours, stirring occasionally, on the egg with a little bit of oak smoke. Can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow.

@UrbanForestTurnings‌ my hunting season absolutely ducked this year and only got out twice. Needless to say I unfortunately did not get a deer this year, SWMBO is not too happy. Luckily my buddy from deer camp and his dad shot 3 this year combined and hooked me up with some meat.
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    Nice to have buds like that