Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No thermometer in the lid.

Wife got me a new Small EGG for Christmas. There is no thermometer or even a hole for one anyware. Is this normal for a small ?

Comments

• dayzed&confused
    dayzed&confused Posts: 178
    edited December 2014
    I don't own a small but I can't imagine that it wouldn't have a thermometer. How would you regulate it? I believe if it was me I would shoot Big Green Egg an email directly and ask about that. Hopefully some small egg owners will respond. I went to the bge web site and looked at a small and it has a thermometer.
    San Angelo, texas
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I can't imagine that being normal. Not hard to drill the hole and install a Tel-Tru. But, you shouldn't have to do this. I don't own a SBGE but, even the Max and Mini have them installed so I can't imagine the SBGE being any different in that respect. Awesome gift! Merry Christmas.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited December 2014
    Any chance you or they have the lid on backwards?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Put a flashlight inside pointed up and close the dome. You will find the hole real fast this way. And yes the Smalls do have a thermometer

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • NPHuskerFL
    @Mickey‌ he said no hole and no Tel-Tru thermometer. Sometimes the thermometer is hidden in the packing though.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited December 2014
    Who put it togather? Bet the Tel-Tru with the packageing like NP said. I always put mine togather or if in the case of the demo Large I re- assembled it when home.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Look inside for the hole.... I'll bet it's just covered with glaze or the dome is on backwards.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Small do have thermometers.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• The Dome is on correctly, and I did look inside for the hole and Nada, zip, zilch. Also there was not a thermometer with the EGG. When I got my Large I put it together and the Thermometer came packed sepporatly.
  • Man that's just wrong! The dealer you bought it from should make it right. If not, then the Big Green Egg people should.
    San Angelo, texas
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited December 2014
    I'm certain they'll make it right for you. Enjoy. :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    There she be, right above the logo.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • Went to where we got it from, (The Mother Ship) in Tucker Ga. No questions asked gave me a new dome. BGE Rocks!