Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Night Pizza Night

Options
Sunday night is always pizza night in our family, no matter where the family lives, we all make pizza on Sundays...this is last night's.  In the oven, the egg is just too much sometimes.

Everyone always shows how awesome their pizza is, but here is my attempt.  Mind you, I make PIZZA every freaking week...

The Pepperoni Pizza...we saw this disaster coming.  We forgot to cool the sauce before making the pie, the dough was stretched a little too thin, and I didn't sprinkle the semolina on the peel...did I mention we had hungry guests?  They still ate it, smiled and said it was good.  Oh and the fire alarm went off when I was taking it out of the oven, it seems that during the Launch, all the Parmesan slid off the pizza and onto the Baking Steel.  AND I might have scared the POOP out of one of the dogs with the Fire Alarm....Isn't that a Pretty Pie?image

Ok...time to redeem myself with the second pie. I saw a post from Baking Steel for a Brussels Sprout and Bacon Pizza...Pretty Easy, and very delicious.  Blanch the Sprout leafs for about  a minute, and dry before constructing the Pizza. Precook the bacon....

imageimage

Third one was Pepperoni, Bacon, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and some fresh Basil after it comes out of the oven .  Semolina Flour on the peel is your friend...

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
Dallas, TX

Comments

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Great pies..That will learn you to cook inside..I must admit I had to read your post twice..I thought you had wheeled the egg into the kitchen. (when I saw the smoke alarm went off ).. ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Looks like you redeemed yourself. As long as it tastes good, that's what counts in my book.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    Those pies look super!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    Looks good to me.
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Those look great! Even the first one.  :)

I just took a look and, as best I can tell, the last regular pizza I did on the egg was in September... two years ago!! Everything since has been in the oven. Even I didn't realize it had been that long. Easier and every bit as good. And there's hardly ever any bad weather!  
    :D

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut