Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A first for this ol' Egg!

Far more acclimated to the warmer climes of SoCal, this is the first dusting of snow this bay's ever seen! I just wish I'd brought my gloves in last night...

Very nice batch of pulled pork yesterday, planning BBQ eggrolls for a party tonight. I'll try to get some pics of those.

Cheers all -
B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI

Comments

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    I here it is cold in WI today. Glad I got out of there yesterday!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Eeek!  Glad we don't see a lot of that stuff.  I like a good snow (well, what we call a good snow) maybe once or twice a year.  

It is mild here today (around 64°) though tomorrow the high will be in the 40's!  
    :(
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Sookie
    Sookie Posts: 335

The Egg laughs in the face of snow and ice!!   Let nothing stop the grill!

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458

Eeek!  Glad we don't see a lot of that stuff.  I like a good snow (well, what we call a good snow) maybe once or twice a year.  

It is mild here today (around 64°) though tomorrow the high will be in the 40's!  
    :(
    Love living in the south! Keep the white stuff(most of it) elsewhere.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Schools will be closed Monday.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    tulocay said:
    I here it is cold in WI today. Glad I got out of there yesterday!

Where did you go in Wisconsin? I just had a bus of folks up to our factory on Wednesday.

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    There is nothing better than an egg in the snow. image
  • There is nothing better than an egg in the snow. image

I think I can name a few better: egg at the beach, egg at the lake, egg in 70 degree and sunny, egg at an early fall tailgate...
  • Eggcelsior

There is nothing better than an egg in the snow. image

I think I can name a few better: egg at the beach, egg at the lake, egg in 70 degree and sunny, egg at an early fall tailgate...

Nope, nope, nope, and I'll let you know about the last one in 2 weeks when I take my large to one. I've done all the others and nothing can touch playing in the snow while the egg chugs along.
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    It's easy to EGG in all those places, anyone can do it. Real EGGers do it in the snow...
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited November 2014
    As with many things here, to each his own. Personally, I'll take the four seasons of north Georgia: almost summer, summer, still summer and Christmas.
  • Eggcelsior

As with many things here, to each his own. Personally, I'll take the four seasons of north Georgia: almost summer, summer, still summer and Christmas.

I'm from the south(Charleston, SC). However, I'd get really depressed if I couldn't get the four seasons anymore.
  • Add I'd be depressed if I had to deal with that white stuff more than a couple days a year, so I guess we're good.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    We don't get much snow here but when I know a good snow storm is coming I always plan for a L&S cook.
    I will shovel a path to the egg but not the driveway, that is what 4 wheel drive is all about

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009

We are gonna get some Lake Effect snow...I am 10 miles off of Lake Michigan

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Here was mine working on a brisket I think last winter.

I like all 4 seasons, but last winter was a bit much for me. I need to find a neighbor kid that wants to earn some money clearing my driveway and sidewalks this year.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    After the early snow storm in mid September, we've enjoyed one of the best Falls ever. I finished putting up the snow fence yesterday. We're living on borrowed time and just enjoying a great fall.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • @bcsnave We bought a place just on the north side of lake Mendota in Middleton. Technically we're in the town of Westport, but for all intents and purposes it's Middleton. Great to be back and I can't wait to collect some of the REAL snowy egging tales that we've seen around here, should be really fun!

I'm in the four seasons camp myself. Couldn't be happy to be out of San Diego and the one long boring season of 'nice'...

Cheers all -
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI