Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Firewire came to the rescue - Tandoor oven test inaugural cook

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,528
edited October 2014 in Off Topic
Picked up this almost new toy recently. Home sized authentic Indian clay tandoor oven, probably over 100 pounds heavy:

Rubbed the clay with several coats of spinach-molasses cure and burned a small fire for over 48 hours. 

Due to been busy and poor planning, I didn't have any naan dough nor skewered meat to try when the oven was still moderately hot after curing.  Then I remembered there was some leftover tandoori chicken marinade, also found some raw chicken breast slices but they were too small to be skewed by the heavy cooking rods ... that's when my brand new dust collecting Firewires came to mind!

Quite pleased with the result, the flavour profile is very authentic.  Now I know why I could never get the same taste with tandoori cooked in the BGE, even though it's the same marinade.  Next cook: naan and skewered meat.  Slapping naan to the clay wall is going to be fun for sure!

canuckland

Comments