Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey time coming soon.....

Options
Yeap, it is rapidly approaching, so I thought that I would get a jump on it this year, but I have forgot the cooking time to lb ratio. Planning on smoking it, around 300/350 and I am thinking I need to allow for 30 minutes per pound? Is that right? It seems too long. Target temp of 160, going to foil after it is done. Just trying to time it so it is done in time. I have a 6 lb breast, so 3 hours? I can't believe that is right?
If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart

Comments

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    I've found the 12-15 minute per pound to be more accurate.  The last one I did though was done closer to the 10 minute per pound range.  Just like other proteins they are all different.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I spatchcock 12/13 pounders direct raised at 400. Takes about 75/85 mins.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.