Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Cocks Spatched

Options
First spatch, why not make it two. Used a few ginger ale cans for a lift. One rubbed in bad byrons the other in Cookies, I got from @brisket_fanatic in the swap.  Liked the cookies better, good punch to that rub. Thighs and legs fell off and actually finished(180) a few minutes before the breast temped 160. I will do this again, fairly easy and good results.

imageimageimage

LBGE Atlanta, GA

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Chicken looks great, glad you liked the rub.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    It is the 2nd time I tried the rub. Had it on a pork tenderloin the other night. Wakes up pork and chicken real well. Thanks again.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Real nice cook
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    @Smokinpig,

Re: "One rubbed in bad byrons the other in Cookies"

I'm interested in buying this rub. Can you provide more information about it or post a picture? 

Thanks in advance.
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• meat73
    meat73 Posts: 140
    Options
    Google cookies flavor enhancer made in wall lake ia another great one is curleys seasoning and then he has grilling peppers that are awesome
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    I got cookies in the rub swap. I had never heard of it before that. I am sure you can buy it online. I attached my pic of rubs from the swap. Only pic I have of it.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    @meat73 and @Smokinpig,

Thanks for the leads. Order has been placed.

This will be a learning experience for me, so I have a couple of questions:

Did you rub the seasoning under the skin as well?

How long did you leave the seasoning on the chicken before placing the chicken on the egg?

Did you use any wood chunks for additional flavoring?

"You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• Smokinpig
    Options
    I am sure others know better than me. I rubbed with EVOO and then applied the rub about 15 minutes before egging. I only coated the skin. I had some apple and hickory in there, not a lot of smoke, cooked at 400.

LBGE Atlanta, GA