Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest speeding warning

Options
BGE sent a notice to cooks about the speed limit in stone mountain being 25 mph. Please take that seriously. When we drove in early at 6:45 am last year they were already pulling people over for speeding so that had to be cooks or event workers that early. They also were pulling folks over heading to meet and greet. Just a word of warning as it is a big wide road with low low speed limit.

Comments

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

What time do the gates open for the Tasters?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• SmokinTiger81
    Options
    The park is open but I think getting in event site is 7:30 for cooks and I think 9:30 am for tasters. We were in cooks group so someone else will have more info perhaps on taster time for sure.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    The cops are trying to make enough so they can buy an Egg. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    edited October 2014
    Options

The cops are trying to make enough so they can buy an Egg. 

There are lots of runners and bikers in the park. Maybe the park requests extra patrol during large events. :)
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I am sure it is a safety issue. I was just trying to make a joke. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Thanks @smokingTiger81, I trust you are cooking again this year?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Dyal_SC
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yeah I know... Not trying to knock the joke. :) I'm sure the other guests there though complain about the influx of speeders during large events. Especially the runners and bikers. Just sayin the extra patrol is probably at the request of the park. :)
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Jim. Still planning on being there as of right now and hoping weather holds. It would be great to cook adjacent to your group again. Maybe we can get same area again. I thought that was good last year.

I was just brought up the speeding thing since 25 is pretty slow and hate to see someone start their eggfest with the Georgia cops.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Greg, Are you going to the meet and greet? We plan on organizing our spots then, Craig and Elle Dyal will be cooking with us this year and our group will have 5 Eggs/cooking spots, 6 could give us a large square on 2 aisles 3 on one aisle backing up to 3 on the other.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Dyal_SC
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I noticed the 25 mph was slow as well last year. :-/ Also noticed the multiple number of cars pulled over. Can't wait to see y'all there!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Flint, Michigan
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    Jim:  Sounds like a great plan, 3x3 back to back.  I have meet and greet ticket.  Will send you a message via the board with my info--I guess whoever gets there first for signup could pick the 6 spots.  Was nice last year being across from N Ga group too.