Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My weight loss tip

Options
Do not visit this site, do not look upon the pictures nor read the descriptions of the awsome food that's presented here.

Comments

• HeathCave
    Options
    Bahahaha! That's a GREAT tip!
    Just chillin' and lovin' the eggin' life! Facebook • My Graphic Design Website
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Portion control is the secret to weight loss.  You can still enjoy all of the great tasting food, you just need to know when to stop eating.  If you want to eat more, get on a exercise program.  I think Michael Phelps used to consume 5000 calories a day, but then he was swimming for 8 hours a day burning off those calories.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• rayofsmoke
    Options
    HeathCave said:
    Bahahaha! That's a GREAT tip!

It isn't lunch time yet and I hadn't even thought about eating yet, then I saw those chicken breasts and a couple of other dishes and now I could eat a mule.
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited October 2014
    Options

Michael Phelps consumed so may calories because he had the munchies all the time.

And recently he was hungry from drinking so much.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2014/09/30/michael-phelps-arrested-dui/16485573/

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    i lost about 20 pounds last january on the octoberfest diet, and its october.....
    :D

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1161011/octoberfest-diet-beer-and-sausages
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • rayofsmoke
    Options
    Sort of funny (and I know you meant it in jest) but, I would disagree. Since owning our egg we have stopped eating "crap". We (I) cook healthy meals on the egg and they're delicious and healthy. The wife has lost weight that she has battled for many years. I make a wide variety of cuisine on the egg. There are so many different meals to make you could virtually make something different each time you egg. Variety is the spice of life. Side note--- Welcome to the egging addiction and also welcome to the forum. Lots of phenomenal cooks on here so everybody can literally learn and bring it to the supper table. :)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

Yes I was just being facetious, but seriously I hadn't thought about the healthy aspects of Egg cooking, definitely cuts down on the fried stuff.  
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    Portion control is the secret to weight loss.  You can still enjoy all of the great tasting food, you just need to know when to stop eating.  If you want to eat more, get on a exercise program.  I think Michael Phelps used to consume 5000 calories a day, but then he was swimming for 8 hours a day burning off those calories.

@Zmokin‌, is correct. I have lost about 80 lbs eating one meal a day on the egg and 5 other meals on a meal replacement diet. I also cut out most carbs and alcohol. Now lately if have not been so good and I have gained a few back. I am back on track and working on dropping 15 or more before another hip surgery. A lot of it is will power and just saying now to stuff you shouldn't eat. I am going to work on being good tell Thanksgiving.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    The joke was funny, thanks @rayofsmoke.  Then the thread got dwight'ed.image
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.