Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Max -- maybe this is about lunch??

Options
Prof Dan
Prof Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was reading MadMax's discussion below about health and weight and all of those happy things that we have to deal with as we get older, and I started thinking back on the last three years (since I bought my Egg). Even though I Egg several times a week, I have lost almost 30 pounds in that period of time [down from 229 to 200], and I have been trying to figure out why. [Part of it is more exercise and less bread, but not all of it.][p]I think I might have a partial answer: lunch. Before I got the Egg, I used to eat restaurant food at lunchtime. But once the Egg arrived, restaurant food became second-rate. So now, with a refrigerator full of terrific leftovers, I "brown bag" smoked chicken, pork loins slices, salmon, lean beef (usually chopped and mixed with rice), etc. Unlike restaurant or fast food meals, I am now more in control of the size of my portions and more in control of the ingredients. Restaurant food often has a lot of hidden fat, and in fast food, they don't even bother to hide it. But food on the Egg tends to be somewhat lower in fat, because the fat drips off, especially during slower cooking.[p]So, Max, don't think of this as a time when you have to give up fast food. Instead, think of this as the time when you finally get to have "Egg food" for lunch!

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Prof Dan,
    I don't think he said he was gonna give up fast food, just cut back a little and give up on the best beverage in the world.[p]:)[p]I think what you do is great though and we could all be a lot healthier and happy if we followed that style of eating.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Prof Dan,
    great words of advice. ...i come home for lunch almost everyday to have lunch with my wife, and more days than not i stop and pick up fast food, even though we may have perfectly good egged leftovers in the fridge. .. .i think will take you up on that advice, and just drive on by that mickey d's, and eat out of the fridge. .. and like bobby q said, i won't pass it up every day, just a little more often, and when i do stop, i won't get as much. .. . .[p]thanks a lot[p]max