Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max, reviews?

The mini max looks like a great egg.  Anyone use one?  I'd love to have something more portable for camping and tailgating. 
Is it done yet? Is it done yet?

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Right now it's just a dream that has yet to be tried hands on by eggers.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    And here I scared off that friggen Unicorn off my lawn trying to deliver my mythical Maxi-Mini today! DAMN!!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    edited September 2014
    lemonade said:
     The mini max looks like a great egg.  Anyone use one?  I'd love to have something more portable for camping and tailgating. 
    The small makes an outstanding camping egg. The mini-max should be out later in the fall if you want to take a look at it.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    You know what sucks? I'm gonna tell you. Here in So Cal ... While we might have great beaches, great weather ... great baseball teams (Angels), but what we don't have are any great BGE distributors, like they have back in the south. Oh we do have distributors, but they only carry one or two eggs (for display purposes only) ... If you want to buy one or for that matter want to buy a BGE accessory, it has to be ordered. Mini Max, my local distributor told me he's gonna mark it up an extra $100 because of the lack of competition here. That sucks.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    edited September 2014
    SoCalTim said:
    You know what sucks? I'm gonna tell you. Here in So Cal ... While we might have great beaches, great weather ... great baseball teams (Angels), but what we don't have are any great BGE distributors, like they have back in the south. Oh we do have distributors, but they only carry one or two eggs (for display purposes only) ... If you want to buy one or for that matter want to buy a BGE accessory, it has to be ordered. Mini Max, my local distributor told me he's gonna mark it up an extra $100 because of the lack of competition here. That sucks.

Lack of competition? In So-Cal? No business segment in this marketplace lacks competition....he's delusional. Good luck asking for a buck over MSRP (whatever THAT is for the Minimax) when any buyer he speaks to will be schooled up about the KJ Jr....he's likely to get an embarrassing education in a hurry.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    SoCalTim said:
    Ya man, I feel your pain. I have a few near me, but all their prices are way over inflated.

Living in SoCal, what can you do though?
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    SoCalTim said:
    Agreed, same problem here in NorCal, exactly as you described, and way higher priced than what I read on others' posts. I get everything I can via aftermarket sources on the interwebs, ie; ceramicgrillstore, etc, etc. Just like anything in our home planet of California!
    B-)
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • anton said:
    SoCalTim said:
    Agreed, same problem here in NorCal, exactly as you described, and way higher priced than what I read on others' posts. I get everything I can via aftermarket sources on the interwebs, ie; ceramicgrillstore, etc, etc. Just like anything in our home planet of California!
    B-)

Ive been in sales in So-California for years, and NOBODY can make a practice out of attempting to charge over msrp for a product UNLESS its the hot new-unavailable car model or some instance where a very few, super motivated, revved-up buyers will willfully pay more then they need to in order to have the new toy first. But, a week or two after release? Its business as usual....discounts and "street pricing" bring the market back to sanity....And of course competitve products help prices seek their own level. Nobody has the luxury of approaching sales as if they have a monopoly...nobody.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)