Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

World-wide Egging?

Options
Prof Dan
Prof Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw a couple of intriguing posts today -- an Irish Egger, and one in Bolivia. Most of us on the forum are in the US, so we tend to focus on US-style bbq -- but I was wondering whether the non-US folks had any special tips or tricks or recipes? [For example, does anyone in Australia grill kangaroo? Llamas in the Andes? (Probably not!)] [p]Or maybe different types of wood? [I ate coffee-smoked chicken in Costa Rica -- phenomenal.][p]When folks in Ireland or Bolivia eat smoked bbq for the first time, how do they react? Does it seem exotic to them? [p]Just wondering. Thanks!

Comments

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    I've heard in some South American countries they eat guinea pigs. I wonder how they would be barbecued.
  • Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,[p]A lot like a spiral-cut honey-baked hamster.

• irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    Prof Dan, In Ireland the problem we have with BBQ is availability of wood chunks, and seasonings which are specifically used in BBQ. Mostly we have to bring them in by mail order from the US as proper BBQ is really only starting to catch on here and the market is still small. We have plenty of experts at burgers and sausages on the gas, but Pulled Pork, and Charcoal Smoked Turkey are very alien to most people.
    We do have the advantage of excellent beef and lamb, which is full of flavour and excellent texture. I travel around Europe regularly and always bring back a new ingredient from my travels, and my sister who works in the Carribbean is always a good source of unusual spices and seasonings when she comes home.
    The forum has been a great source of information for me and I really enjoy the whole EGG experience, and introducing other people to my favourite style of cooking. Roger