Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Omaha Steaks

Options
2»

Comments

• TN2TX
    TN2TX Posts: 298
    Options
    @RRP What's the story with Allen Brothers? Does the meat come frozen to your front door? 
    Dallas, TX
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,899
    Options
    TN2TX said:
    @RRP What's the story with Allen Brothers? Does the meat come frozen to your front door? 

I honestly don't know. I have just been a consumer, not a buyer, but I have heard their commercials before and I think I recall they ship with overnight delivery, so my gut feeling is they are not shipped frozen, but cold and packed properly. At their prices I'm sure they don't throw them in a cheap styrofoam cooler. Unlike Omaha Steaks where no one talks about the meat, but instead the shipping container! LOL.... Hey! That's an idea maybe Hotlanta ought to contact Allen Bros or Omaha Steaks to get some pointers on how to crate and ship the Unicorn Egg... oooops I meant the Maxi-Mini.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    Botch said:
    If you look at them at a "cost-per-meal" basis, they're not too bad (if you don't mind a small steak).  However, once in their records, they spam you to death; mailed fliers a couple times a week, emails EVERY DAY, and phone calls a couple times a week.  I finally lost my temper and demanded they remove my name from their records altogether, which they did.  
    What Butch said is right on. Tried them once, didn't like enough to reorder. That was 2 years ago and I still get phone calls, spam e-mail, and fliers in the mail. Never again.

Eggo in N. MS