Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Lot of Briskets This Weekend

Options
Seams there are a lot of brisket threads this weekend. I also have a 14 lb brisket on for tonight. I'm going to blame Ron @RRP with his brisket price thread for the sub conscious baiting everyone :D

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    bigguy136 said:
    Seams there are a lot of brisket threads this weekend. I also have a 14 lb brisket on for tonight. I'm going to blame Ron @RRP with his brisket price thread for the sub conscious baiting everyone :D

go ahead and blame me...I have big shoulders, but truth be known the cattle industry paid me royally to hype briskets for them! LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    From my perspective-the most entertaining cook you can do on the BGE.  Definitely not a passive cook once you cross the 180*F threshold.  But the end results are well worth it.  Unfortunately I can only ride the brisket cook around once every 4-5 weeks as SWMBO has heavy veto power.  But better than other options.  And when the local Costco has prime packers in stock I do buy a few.  Did one last week and still have six in the freezer.  I'll blame anyone for the brisket adventure.  But @RRP did have a very enlightening thread.  Enjoy the eats!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.