Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RRP is a sexy, sexy man

Options
Eggcelsior
Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
Bask in his glory! Bask in it!

This was posted on the other forum, but he's too big not to share!

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    That there is a MAN!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Oct 64 a year before I was born, could be my dad as I'm a sexy mofo myself....
    Jacksonville FL
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Is that an XK150?
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Well thank you! That picture was a tongue in cheek entry as a test answering another long time egger who was having problems with Photobucket. Note the date...1964...since I just turned 70 last month I had converted that BW photo for my wife. Sorry that this offended you.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @RRP, I'm not offended in the least. I doubt you would ever offend anyone, especially me. I found it funny when I saw it over there so I thought that I would share the wealth.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Awesome pic RRP!!!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Do you still have the car?!?!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Judging from the thread title, I'm not sure why I clicked on it. Yet here I am. Nice wheels Ron!
    Flint, Michigan
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Judging from the thread title, I'm not sure why I clicked on it. Yet here I am. Nice wheels Ron!
    LOL - Thanks! BTW those "white walls" were "falsies" that I bought for $1.50 a piece at Western Auto and Installed myself one tire at a time, by driving over the tire to break the bead, insert the falsie under the rim and then put the wheel in my Dad's trunk and drive up to the "filling station" as they were still called in 1964 and re-inflated the tire to pop it out. My car had 4 tires, no spare and of those 4 tires 3 were by different manufacturers! Besides covering up the difference in the tires with the white wall falsies that was still back when white walls were cool on cars! LOL
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That is a great story Ron. My career also started in public accounting. My wife, and I were also broke financially for the first few years, but life was good and has gotten better. 

I hate to hear that your car has disappeared. Part of me wishes that someone has it that loved it like you did, but the cynic in me wonders if maybe it ended up at a local scrap yard. 

I hope you can find it! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Very cool story RRP.  Had a slightly similar event at the end of college, I had to pawn a banjo to eat (the local Shakey's closed).  Went back a year later and the pawn shop was now a sub shop; never did find out what happened to it.  Nowhere near as cool/romantic as an MG, however.

No "Deliverance" comments, mmm'kay?   

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Awesome story! ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    nice car and thx for the story
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @RRP Your memory of those events from so many years ago is impressive. My brain is wired very different. I cannot remember events like that at all. But factoids with little meaning I can recall like I learned them yesterday.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Good to see the pic. Happy birthday sir.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Great story. I had to do a web-search for falsie white-walls. Never heard of such a thing.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming