Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Butcher Shop Spartanburg SC

Options
Hey y'all. This one is for all the Upstate SC eggers. Does anyone know of a butcher shop in the area? Greenville has a couple but I hate dealing with Woodruff Rd traffic. Thanks in advance.
1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 

Comments

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Options
    I am in the same dilemma. I did not find one. What are looking for specifically?

Duncan, SC
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    I'm not sure really, just somewhere where I can get higher quality meat than at publix or Fresh Market. In Augusta we had plenty of options. I keep hoping someone will open one but we will see.

• pigoutsc
    pigoutsc Posts: 92
    Options
    We had a butcher shop in Landrum but it recently closed. I am not aware of one in Spartanburg. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    In my experience the meat you can get at The Fresh Market is very good, it is just that they only have what they have.

Poultry especially, they are as good as independent butchers in my area.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Grillin_beers
    Options
    @Acn I agree the meat at Fresh Market is normally great. The lack of selection is the problem sometimes. I guess one of the main things I'm looking to buy is high quality ribs. I'll just keep going over to Greenville. Thanks for the suggestions y'all! I knew there probably wasn't a butcher shop but was hoping for a miracle.

• Mross
    Options
    Our Publix in Duncan is actually pretty good. There is Vaughns meats in greer but they sell mainly local raised stuff.
    Duncan, SC
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I've always had really good results from Costco ribs.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Mross
    Options
    Costco has decent pork ribs. I was looking for beef ribs yesterday and got these from Publix.image
    Duncan, SC
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    Those look pretty great. I might swing by there this afternoon and pick some up!

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We buy our grass fed beef from Satterfield Farms in Taylors, SC. We discovered him at the Travelers Rest Farmer's Market. We call before the market with our order and he brings it to the market for us. Very reasonable prices and Mr. Satterfield will get any cut of beef that you want. He also told me that he will getting into pork, probably next month. This is the link to his Facebook page that lists the cuts and pricing. It's an egger's dream. His steaks are about 2 inches thick.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    @Dredger‌ Thanks! I'll look into it. Sounds pretty awesome to me.

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    You're welcome Grillin_beers, we highly recommend him to everyone. I have some beef ribs that I got from him a few weeks ago and I'll take pics of the cook. They were cut into individual ribs, but he told me to just let him know how I wanted them whole or cut the next time. Only reason we haven't done them before now is we had an air leak in the bottom vent and just got around to replacing it this weekend. Will be taking them out of the freezer to thaw and cook the first part of this week. I'm with you about Woodruff Rd. and avoid it like the plague.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    I'll be looking forward to those pics! Thanks again man.