Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Shears for Spatchcocking?

Options
13»

Comments

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Tim Allen of Tool Time taught me that these work very well.  Very little effort needed to go through the toughest turkey or chicken bone.
    Too bad they don't fit very well in my kitchen drawer.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Tim does tend to go overboard ... but, a nice compact set of 15" loppers from Fiskar might be just the ticket.  Notice the gear drive for ease of cutting through the thickest turkey bone.  Plus, the price is great ... $19.95 out of Amazon.com

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

The Butcher's
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Tim does tend to go overboard ... but, a nice compact set of 15" loppers from Fiskar might be just the ticket.  Notice the gear drive for ease of cutting through the thickest turkey bone.  Plus, the price is great ... $19.95 out of Amazon.com

I have a those, mine just happen to sit in my tool shed with plant material on them.
    It would be nice if they made a slightly smaller version, say about 10" long with a little bit longer cutting blade section.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    edited December 2014
    Options
    when my arthritis gets worse, I'll spatchcock with this:
    canuckland
  • cactus_darrell
    Options
    Many a spatchcock has been done with this knife.  I tried several shears but this serrated knife works better.  I can cut backbone out in less than 30 seconds using this knife.  Way faster and a lot easier to washimage

BGE, Treager LilTex, Terinan 48 SOB, Custom electric smoker, Weber kettle, Weber gas grill, Masterbuilt SS smoker, last but not least UDS

I've never meet a cow I didn't like, with a little salt and pepper.

Amarillo, Texas