Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Galantine Hatched Rellenos

NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,941
edited August 2014 in EggHead Forum
Let's cut through the chase here. Deboned. image Already had roasted Hatch Chile's. Peeled and deseeded Chile's. First layer was Hatch Chile second layer was Monterrey Jack cheese and last layer was Hatch Chile. image Galantined. Set-up was indirect at 375℉ image Pulled at 160℉ IT to allow for carry over cooking. imageimage While it was cooking I prepared a mango salsa w/»»» 3 ripe mangos, 1 Vidalia onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 shallot, Cilantro, 1 tomato, 2 yellow bell peppers, 1 orange bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper, 2 jalapenos, 2 squeezed Key limes, 3 TBS agave, Kosher Salt and coarse black pepper to taste. image Plated. imageimageimage
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• jcasparyjcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Wow, looks fantastic.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,506
    OK, I need to learn to debone a chicken.

Awesome!
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • cook861cook861 Posts: 872
    nice job now i want some chicken
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,941
    Thanks y'all I was "told" that this was my best yet. B-)

I didn't get even a taste :-q
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 4,218
    Awesome! I made a deboned chicken tonight as well after seeing your last post and chillywillis's post. (I put it over in poultry - is that correct or should I post a cook here in the main forum? Sorry I don't know all the etiquette here!)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,986
    Just bring it on the main forum. @NPHuskerFL‌. ..another stellar job.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ChillyWillisChillyWillis Posts: 887
    edited August 2014
    @NPHuskerFL‌ you brilliant SOB! That stuffing is a phenomenal idea, and to combo with the mango salsa..... I'm dying over here.

I can't believe you didn't get a bite.... some folks aren't getting invited over for dinner again anytime soon. [-X
    edited August 2014
    blind99 said:

Awesome! I made a deboned chicken tonight as well after seeing your last post and chillywillis's post. (I put it over in poultry - is that correct or should I post a cook here in the main forum? Sorry I don't know all the etiquette here!)

Who cares. Put it under whatever bro. It's all good. I guess poultry. Or pure sexy... :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    @ChillyWillis‌ here's why Blake didn't get to taste >:)
    I received an ER call in St Augustine for a Walk In Cooler temping at 68℉ which means it has been down for at "least" 8-12 hrs. :-? Why they waited to call. Who knows. But, an hour drive time later I'm here and gonna fix this joker. imageimageimageimage
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Well when a mans got to work, a mans got to work.... But I woulda brought a doggie bag for that hour drive ;)
    edited August 2014
    Rather fitting as I rolled up to the Casa.... \:D/

Mötley Crüe - Home Sweet Home ORIGINAL (Official …:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • I hope this was the soundtrack to your grand entrance. (And there was still some food left for ya ;) )

• stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Great cook. You'll have everyone on the forum deboning a chicken if you keep this up.

Hopefully your per diem rate made up for the lost meal. But, by looking at what you missed, I'm sure it was a lose regardless of per diem money.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • PhatchrisPhatchris Posts: 1,645
    Duuuuude, I have to practice my knife skills :D
  • PNWFoodiePNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Looks awesome! I've never had the privilege - do hatch chiles pack heat or just flavor?
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,859
    Awesome cook
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,674
    =D> Bravo, Sir, Bravo!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,806
    Amazing - looks phenomenal!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17"
    Cumming, GA  

• Looks great!

In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 955
    That looks fantastic! +1 on never having a hatch chili, can someone give us a run down on heat and flavor profile?
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    GeorgeS said:

That looks fantastic! +1 on never having a hatch chili, can someone give us a run down on heat and flavor profile?

Here's a decent link.
    http://www.focusnewmexico.com/chile.htm

Big Jim's are ideal for stuffing for rellenos.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 2,776
    Please stop

~:>

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • paqmanpaqman Posts: 2,776

@paqman‌ you don't like it? ;)

Lol, it looks like hatch peppers are a big deal. Kinda like sweet corn here I guess. We don't have them here so I have no idea what they taste like but based on the number of posts I have seen about them, they must be good. I just want to try some... I called every fruit and vegetables specialty retailers in the area and they have no clue what I am talking about...

@paqman‌ go online and there are several places out of NM that will ship directly to you. They are in season right now. One of our close friends in NM just roasted 75#. This is a huge staple in NM.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,806
    @paqman - you won't be disappointed!!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17"
    Cumming, GA  

• yogi84yogi84 Posts: 188
    So were does the relleno come in ?
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,321
    Well done, Sir!
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
    edited August 2014
    yogi84 said:

So were does the relleno come in ?

I did not have Big Tom's to stuff so as you can see what I did to do this with regular roasted hot Hatch. Is that what you meant? That and traditionally a relleno is fried but, to do that and then place in a wet galantined bird the texture would've been mush. So, there ya go.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014