Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

APL Fajita Cut

RickC
RickC Posts: 15
So in "Serious Barbecue" (Page 143), APL states that nothing makes "better fajitas than flank steak". But the pictures on page 145 clearly show skirt steaks. I want to follow the recipe exactly but I'm not sure what cut to use. Any ideas?

Comments

• lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Either work for me as fajitas, but flank steak is a bit superior as it is usually more tender and fattier.  Either will make great fajitas.  

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I agree either should work fine. The precvious recipe on the book is skirt steak and they are similar. I have done the recipe twice with flank and it is gooooooood.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    I'm on the other side of this one- I think skirt steak is a much more flavorful and tender cut. I much prefer it over the flank. But either way you can't go wrong

Greensboro, NC