Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- NFL Pick'em

Options
saluki2007
saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
Was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a NFL Pick'em league.  I do one with family and friends and it is a blast.  I would set it up using the same rules we use and it would be hosted by a website called simplysportsware.com  Here are the rules we use:

The season will cost each player $100 and this will cover the regular season as well as the playoffs.  50% of the money will be paid out each week and the other half will be split between the final 8 players at the end of the post-season.  Whoever has the most correct picks each week will win 50% of that particular week’s prize pool.  Each person will choose a tie-breaking score from the Monday Night Game.  Ex. 26-10 score totaling 36 points, this being the tie-breaker.  All you need to write down is the combined total score, which in this case would be the 36 points.  If there should be a tie between 2 or more people, those individual’s tie-breaker will be made up the next week by choosing the most wins again.  Although the two winners can choose to split the money, that will be up to them.  If not, this will continue to carry-over until there is one winner.                        
All of the points that a player accumulated during the regular season will be set back to zero for the playoffs.  Of the 16 people that make the playoffs, the top 4 players will get a bye and the other 12 will fight for a spot in the top 8 and will be guaranteed money. Only 4 of those 12 will go heads up against the other final four players. The playoffs will follow the same rules as the regular season except that you will have to post a score for the last game of weekend, again to break ties. In the event that there would be a tie between 2 or more players, at that point, whichever player or players that ranked higher during the regular season would win that particular tie-breaker. This rule applies to all play-off ties including the Super Bowl.  Just to note though, this has not yet happened in previous seasons.  The top 4 scores will go on to compete in the two Conference championship games, also logging scores for the latter game whereas the top two will move on to the next week.  And finally, these two players will choose a team and score for the Super Bowl finale.  As of right now, the playoff picks will be sent to me where I will add them to my own spreadsheet and send them out to all of the playoff contenders.              

The season-ending prize pool will be as follows:
      1st   place: 50%
     2nd   place: 25%
     3rd   place: 15%
      4th   place: 10%
      5th – 8th place: $100 each

Let me if you have any questions or are interested.
Large and Small BGE
Central, IL