Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sausage Sausage Sausage Sausage

2»

Comments

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    That's a good dad. They don't know if you don't show them. I started cooking with my mom when I was I middle school way before cooking was so popular. Still remember the first thing I ever did by myself was spaghetti. It makes me laugh anytime someone says how good there spaghetti is. I instantly think they probably don't know how to cook much else. Being a little on the poor side I learned how to make something good to eat from almost nothing. It's got to be the best thing I've ever learned. And I can tell anytime someone says what a good cook I am it makes my mom proud.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    DMW said:
    Something I see I forgot to mention. When it was time to get the egg filled and lit Sunday night I was still up to my elbows stuffing the bratwurst. I knew there was no way SWMBO was going to attempt it. I asked my big guy (10 years old) if he thought he could. With a big grin on his face he says "Really? Yes!" He topped off the lump to the top of the firebox, lit the XL with the electric starter, removed the hot starter to the unused gasser, and brought the temp to 350* with me just watching carefully from the patio door. To say I was a proud papa would be an understatement. Wish I could go play catch with him now but I'm a few thousand miles away....

Love :)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy