Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza anyone? (with pics)

Options
2»

Comments

• ChadPropst
    Options
    I've been having trouble burning the bottom of my pizzas lately. I run the egg at about 500-550, plate setter legs up, grate, then stone.  I usually put some flour on the stone to prevent sticking.  I generally get the fresh balls of dough from Publix.  

Should I be using parchment to prevent burning? Am I likely putting the stone on too long? Any suggestions would be great.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I've been having trouble burning the bottom of my pizzas lately. I run the egg at about 500-550, plate setter legs up, grate, then stone.  I usually put some flour on the stone to prevent sticking.  I generally get the fresh balls of dough from Publix.  

Should I be using parchment to prevent burning? Am I likely putting the stone on too long? Any suggestions would be great.
    I like using parchment paper and cooking from 450 to 500.  Put the pizza on for 3 minutes then turn a quarter turn, you should be able to pull the parchment paper at this time. let go 3 more minutes and check the bottom.  Usually done at this point. I do leg down, grate, raised grate then stone.  How long do you cook the pizza at that temp?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.