Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tried to use my new thermapen on SWMBO...

And she didn't like it, at all.  She was cooking a shrimp and arugula pasta dish inside on the stove(she still won't use the egg), and I said those shrimp look a little overdone, let me check.  She said "put that thing away!", and quickly covered the shrimp with the arugula and put the lid on.  That didn't stop me though, I found an uncovered shrimp off to the side of the pan, checked it with the thermapan and it was at 148!

She didn't approve it, so she doesn't want to use it.  Thinks I'm crazy for wanting one, when we already have another instant read thermometer that we got from Crate and Barrel for like $15.  She sure liked the chicken breast that I cooked on the egg using the thermapen though...

Comments

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    That could have gone in so many directions, most of which are just plain wrong!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • lilwootylilwooty Posts: 215
    No kidding.  I cracked open a cold one to sit down and read this thread.  Moving on... :-\"

Living Large and XL

• TigerTonyTigerTony Posts: 1,005
    @lilwooty
    First good belly laugh I had in a while!
    I need that! :)
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 1,077
    Sofa sled tonight.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• calikingcaliking Posts: 11,115
    Unless you want to spend many nights on the couch, quit being an a-hole and put the thermapen away when she is cooking :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • EGGjlmhEGGjlmh Posts: 658
    lilwooty said:
    No kidding.  I cracked open a cold one to sit down and read this thread.  Moving on... :-\"

Agreed

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• Wilma's the opposite. I have to go looking for the Thermapen because she puts it with her stuff. That's an easy anniversary gift idea right there!
    Flint, Michigan
  • HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    What was the internal temperature?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Now that is funny!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,770
    Remember-don't go chasing temperatures... :)>-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • anzyegganzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Fun post man...
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 5,079
    My wife is hot, but I have never therma penned her.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    I might need a little flour to um...well nevermind..... :\">

• JHandsJHands Posts: 77
    Was she right around 98.6?
    Yes, er, well...Umm, how did you know that?