Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Jawja Brunswick stew - perfect way to use leftover meat

Had a bunch of pieces and parts of left over smoked pork, probably 3 lbs. Love this recipe from a forum member http://www.bigcityrocks.com/big-green-egg-recipes. Serious stew. Whole family loves it which is rare. definitely gets better overnight in the fridge. Caution: this recipe makes about 3 gallons - you gotta use your biggest pot. We have a ginormous Le Cruesettettette (it's french, the last few letters are silent) and it barely holds it all.
Richmond, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. No FireWires Yet. Hoping to win some soon.

Comments

• StillSmokenStillSmoken Posts: 327
    Love me some Brunswick stew. Got that link saved!! Thanks for posting.
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin
  • gamasongamason Posts: 336
    Real Brunswick stew does NOT have butter beans in it. Sorry, thats Brunswick soup maybe. Nothing but pork,chicken,beef,tomatoes and cream corn. Put all ingridients throgh the grinder for proper texture. Add hot sauce and some crackers and chow down. If its good stew youll be able to eat it with a fork, not a spoon.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,031
    I read Jawa.

Utinni! Utinni!
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 5,086
    In this part of Georgia hash is preferred over Brunswick Stew. 

Most of the BBQ joints here serve hash. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • TTCTTC Posts: 716
    Whatever the provincial differences are that's good eats
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water --  Gallatin, TN
  • beteezbeteez Posts: 513
    gamason said:
    Real Brunswick stew does NOT have butter beans in it. Sorry, thats Brunswick soup maybe. Nothing but pork,chicken,beef,tomatoes and cream corn. Put all ingridients throgh the grinder for proper texture. Add hot sauce and some crackers and chow down. If its good stew youll be able to eat it with a fork, not a spoon.
    You forgot tree rat (squirrel) if you want to be truly authentic, The ssbbq recipe has performed quite well each year in the Brunswick stembilee in Brunswick.
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Thanks for sharing.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • JethroVAJethroVA Posts: 1,010
    edited October 2016
    The link to @Bdubya website where I found this recipe no longer works but I found it here.. http://gardenandgun.com/article/southern-souls-brunswick-stew-recipe

Richmond, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. No FireWires Yet. Hoping to win some soon.
  • BdubyaBdubya Posts: 35
    edited October 2016
    Yep!  Changing things up a bit. Sorry, I just got around to updating my sites.  Thanks JethroVA

http://bigcitybrianwright.com/big-green-egg
    Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
    If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy ;Big City Brian Wright's debut album, "Honkytonkitis" is country to the core.  "It's real songs about real life the way country music was intended."  "Honkytonkitis" fill the shoes of country traditionalists while the rest of the genre strays barefoot."
    If you're looking for the familiar sound of country music that hard core fans remember, be sure to find a copy @ www.bigcityrocks.com/store now!.

Pre-Sales AVAILABLE NOW on iTunes!

"HONKYTONKITIS" debuts 3/31/16
                         http://www.bigcityrocks.com/store

Thank y'all for listening,

Bdubya