Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rumor Has It... (Mini Max)

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    DMW said:

Lit said:

Just got off the phone with the mothership. They said hopefully by Nov 1st. Guy even emphasized hopefully.

:-? Who did you speak to? I spoke to a Dwayne in CS and he gave est of late August early September
    His name is Duane. I'm Dwayne. :D
    ;-) Yes you are correct. My autocorrect is incorrect. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    DMW said:
     Sounds like something taught in a MBA program for sure!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options

Did somebody mention Cliff Clavin?

"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

"In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.

In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Signal Mountain, TN
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

Scientists have determined that, even if it  could speak, because of the shape and length of its esophagus, the North American Elk would be unable to pronounce the word, 'lasagne'

One of best cliff clavenisms ever!

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    I'm so ready for my MAX!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Heard late July from my dealer.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    BYS1981 said:

Heard late July from my dealer.

July has passed. Do you mean next July?? :-??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • westernbbq
    Options

I came to the realization that the frustration I have right now is because I DON'T have a MiniMax- and I really want one- like when I was  a little kid and wanted a Schwinn Phantom bike for Christmas

So, what I am going to say here is this- I will abandon my plan of shopping for a KJ JR come October if the MiniMax isn't available by then.  I will wait until the MiniMax is available.  My guess and it's just a guess is that those of us who want one, and who tough it out with the wait will have ownership of a MiniMax by November of 2014. if it happens sooner, i'll be surprised, and pleasantly surprised at that.  Living in AZ, there will still be plenty of tailgate opportunities with beautiful weather and no bugs so i'm good with that. 

So, MiniMax, you will happen when you're supposed to happen in the cosmic order of things.  And, I know it'll be worth the wait as the Minimax will ship all parts in ONE box and it will come with a nest that is handy when taken to someone's house, or to the beach in Mexico, or to a college football tailgate party at Sun Devil Stadium on a perfect November Saturday afternoon!

If I have to wait until Christmas, or beyond I will do that too.  I won't be happy with the wait but I guess it makes the MiniMax's arrival that much more enjoyable when it finally hits.

Heck, I waited 42 years to get my first Green Egg (XL) and the BGE has opened a whole culinary world to me that I never knew existed- so BGE company, since you've taught me so much, made me look like a hero at tailgate parties and other backyard bbq parties, I will wait as long as it takes for you to deliver the MiniMax!

• RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    Options
    @westernbbq‌ ~ I'm with you all the way brother! :-bd
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    You know it doesn't have to be one or the other. My KJ junior has spent all summer at the pool with me and the day mini max comes out I will be at the mothership checking it out and probably getting one. One correction you said everything with the max will come in one box but it wont you'll still be short a way to cook raised direct and indirect that will cost you another $100 to get and those actually come in the single box with the KJ.
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Fwiw, I've been told the same about the nest being included. But who really know until it actually rolls out. image
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Thanks for the pic I had not seen a pic of the stand yet. Not bad. It looks like it will look good sitting next to the XL.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Lit said:
    Thanks for the pic I had not seen a pic of the stand yet. Not bad. It looks like it will look good sitting next to the XL.
    and here's a picture of the inside. Note the relative size compared to that ballpoint pen inside.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • westernbbq
    Options
    Lit said:
    You know it doesn't have to be one or the other. My KJ junior has spent all summer at the pool with me and the day mini max comes out I will be at the mothership checking it out and probably getting one. One correction you said everything with the max will come in one box but it wont you'll still be short a way to cook raised direct and indirect that will cost you another $100 to get and those actually come in the single box with the KJ.

I was really tempted to get the KJ but I am sticking with BGE as they are the ones who introduced me to the best food I've ever eaten and cooked.  The MiniMax introduction is like a teaser of the latest sports car that is about to come out- or the latest tech gadget and we want it really bad. 

BGE's post-sale product support is among the best of any product I've ever purchased.    The accessories with the MiniMax will come from the Ceramic Grill Store- the stone separator, and i'll get Tom to make a two-level grid system so I I can smoke 8 burgers or chicken breasts at the same time.  The only EGGSTRA accessory i'll get with it is the cast iron grid from the small.

I've heard that BGE's inability to deliver the MiniMax earlier is more related to the packaging rather than production limitations.  I anticipate being able to have one by November. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Picked mine up today.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    When I say I picked mine up. I picked up the paid in full receipt. I'm still impatiently waiting. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options

Picked mine up today.
    Pictures or it didn't happen...   =))
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    minniemoh said:

Picked mine up today.

Pictures or it didn't happen...   =))
    Trust me there will be pics galore. It's gonna look like a photo shoot with a Victoria Secret model. Except when I say she's smoking hot I'll mean it in the literal sense. =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Jeremiah
    Options

Picked mine up today.

Jerk! I just about fell out.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL - I am eagerly awaiting your photo shoot.  :x
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

Picked mine up today.

You're such a tease...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    I looked at a Joe jr today. Is it as good as it looks? If kind of impatient
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    edited August 2014
    Options
    GlennM said:
    I looked at a Joe jr today. Is it as good as it looks? If kind of impatient

Yes, it is quite a unit and the suite of included accesories are very nice. Add in a 12" pizza stone (my BGE medium stone fits oerfectly) and it bakes amazing pizzas, and bagels. Weve done both on this and had fantastic results". Weve cooked and enjoyed 2 types of steak, salmon and potatoes on it too. This weekend....low and slow pork shoulder.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • GlennM
    Options
    I certainly like the build quality and all of the included accessories. If it works as good as it looks maybe it's worth purchasing and not waiting for the minimax?
  • Gogogordy
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If theres a Costco RoadShow for the Kamado Joe products in your area, you can check them out firsthand. Thats where I first saw the KJ Jr.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • Hankyorke
    Hankyorke Posts: 146
    edited August 2014
    Options
    My dealer sells both. He told me he believes BGE ceramic is better quality... He also said his Joe rep told him the Joe ceramic is more porous, which is the reps mind was better because it held more seasoning. Not sure if it's better or not just what I was told by a dual retailer.

LBGE

BTFU!

• GlennM
    Options
    I'm in Canada, Costco doesn't have the kamado roadshow here
  • GlennM
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Ontario BBQ sells them. I may go have a look
  • Gogogordy
    Options
    Hankyorke said:
    My dealer sells both. He told me he believes BGE ceramic is better quality... He also said his Joe rep told him the Joe ceramic is more porous, which is the reps mind was better because it held more seasoning. Not sure if it's better or not just what I was told by a dual retailer.

They both have a like-for-like limited lifetime ceramic warranty. IMO that makes it both a non-issue, and a very subjective characteristic to speak of ceramic porosity, density etc. Certain technical aspects of products really have no bearing on its usefulness or value to do what it was designed for. The chemistry around the ceramics is really one of those aspects to me (and most users I imagine) given the equal warranty backing. Fact is, I own 3 brands of Kamado and none of them are any better or worse than any of the others quality-wise or performance-wise for my purposes. There are differences, but thats what makes them different brands. Can we discuss hinge mechanisms?
  • Hankyorke
    Hankyorke Posts: 146
    Options
    Gogogordy said:

Can we discuss hinge mechanisms?

Discuss anything you want. I was just sharing what I was told...

LBGE

BTFU!