Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed whole chicken

Options
Put her on last night 375 indirect...was about an 80 minute cook.  Used a cajun rub and added some extra sea salt.

Whole chicken stuffed with shrimp and rice - unbelievable flavor.  I read where the higher the temper you smoke the chicken at the crispier the skin and I had no complaints.  The skin was very nice and had great flavor.  I highly recommend the stuffed chicken if you can find a place to buy one.
Marietta, Ga
I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    That looks and sounds great. Just one question though... why couldn't/wouldn't you stuff one yourself?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    To be honest I didn't want to have to debone the chicken, haha
    Marietta, Ga
    I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    To be honest I didn't want to have to debone the chicken, haha
    Oh, did not look closely enouhg to realize it was deboned.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.