Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monday night Butterfly Lamb

Options
johnmitchell
johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
Butterfly Lamb ..Done indirect at 400 F dome..Rosemary,Thyme,Coriander,Garlic,Ginger,S/P..Roasted asparagus and pineapple vegetable kabob..
Cooked till internal around 145 F..
Turned out great..
Greensboro North Carolina
When in doubt Accelerate....

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Outstanding!
    Flint, Michigan
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Looks good! I've always wanted to try lamb, but fear I won't like it. Any ideas to the taste? More gamey like a venison or more like beef with a different texture?

Again, looks good...
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    RedSkip said:
    Looks good! I've always wanted to try lamb, but fear I won't like it. Any ideas to the taste? More gamey like a venison or more like beef with a different texture?

Again, looks good...
    Just buy it and try it!
    Flint, Michigan
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Nicely done, Sir! looks terrific!!

RedSkip said:

Again, looks good...
    Lamb is not nearly as gamey as venison, IMO. I think beef has a more robust flavor than lamb does, especially compared to spring lamb. Maybe try some lamb chops to start with? Its good stuff!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Costco's lamb loin chop are a great way to start. Their racks of lamb are a bit more work but delicious. Both are from Australia - a lot less gamey and sweeter than Colorado lamb IMHO.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields