Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tired of crummy remote-read thermometers

Options
2»

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @dmw I'm not sure on the monitoring only. But, I see no reason you couldn't do this by simply unplugging the blower and have the pit & product probe engaged. Although the controller would want to stoke when needed. Hmmm I'll have to try this and give a report. Unless another Stoker user has tried this already? @thailandjohn‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Eggstermeyer
    Options
    I was looking at a dual probe monitor a couple weeks ago and my Egg dealer recommended the Holland Grill Wireless Timer/ Thermometer.  The down fall is that it only has one probe so you have to pick between meat or grid temp but at only $30 you could have two or three for less than one of the other brands out there and designate each one for a different temp location.  I've used it a couple time so far and like it.  The probe seems to be pretty hefty and and the unit is really user friendly.  I'm still a rookie so take that into account but I've been pretty successful with it so far.