Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XXL

Options
2»

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @badinfluence‌ I should say, if I had all my bases covered in terms of cookers (as you do) the XXL might have an appeal. It just won't be next in my small collection.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options

@badinfluence‌ haters gonna hate. Not sure I could justify the XXL. But the minimax along with my LBGE is a whole different story. The XXL is a beast for sure. But, when you have the whole collection and some with duplicates the XXL fits nicely. Hell why not. Now I wanna see that bad Mamajamma in action :-D

Oh I agree.

I can not wait for the mini ax as well.

as far as the eggs I still use the med. Eggs themost for everyday cooks and weekend cooks i fire up the meat monster as I get different temps depending where I place the meat on the cooker. It's all good.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • badinfluence
    Options
    DMW said:

@badinfluence‌ I should say, if I had all my bases covered in terms of cookers (as you do) the XXL might have an appeal. It just won't be next in my small collection.

I could not agree more with you. I had no NEED for the xxl heck don't really have a need for most stuff I have. I have alot of wants though :D and a really understanding wife.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • DMW
    Options

DMW said:

I could not agree more with you. I had no NEED for the xxl heck don't really have a need for most stuff I have. I have alot of wants though :D and a really understanding wife.
    My list of cookers that are ahead in line to the XXL:
    Tandor Oven
    2 Stone Pizza Oven
    Meadow Creek PR-60 or PR-72 (might move up in line)
    Offset stick burner

It might be awhile, some of those involve moving to a larger property...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • badinfluence
    Options
    Next in line for me is of course a mini max butthat is a give me. I should say my next want is a outdoor brick oven. Or maybe a food truck....

the meadow creeks are nice but check the meat monster from peoria cookers you might change your mind

Clinton, Iowa
  • DMW
    Options
    @badinfluence‌ I like the Meadow Creek PR series for the price/performance ratio. I'm not sure what I would choose for an offset. That one is a long way off, when the time gets close I will keep that in mind. I'm sure I will continue to give Meadow Creek a few bonus points in my evaluations since I can be at their manufacturing facility in about a 30 minute drive. I'm a big fan of supporting local businesses whenever possible. Not sure what it is about me, but I'm like that.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA