Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Second Pizza on the BGE

beemrider
beemrider Posts: 23
edited July 2014 in EggHead Forum
Hi folks. We did our second pizza on the egg tonight. Without going into too much detail on effort number one, on that one I had the egg at 700 degrees (like you see on the best wood fired pizza ovens on DDD) but it was too hot and the crust got too crispy without fully cooking through. Tonite after lighting the egg I let it heat to 350 before putting in the plate setter. Once the temp returned to 350-400 I put in the pizza stone. When the temp came up again and stabilized at 500 I put the pizza on that had been prepared by the head chef (aka my wife). Tried to keep the temp stable at around 500. Had to fiddle with it. After 12 minutes we checked but the pizza wasn't done yet and decided to drop the temp to 450ish. After another 10 minutes it was done. The pizza was a tad larger than the stone and the areas over the gaps in the plate setter that received direct heat were burned but it was just a bit of crust. The rest of the za was excellent. Enjoy the pics. imageimage

Large BGE, Looftlighter

Komoka, Ontario, Canada

"You should see what I've seen with your eyes" - Roy Batty, Bladerunner

Comments