Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My wife is trying to light the egg!!! she is going to cook on it tonight!!!

Options
egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Am I dreaming? Could this be tue? My wife called me and wanted to know how to get the egg started and the temperature set. She is going to EGG my acorn squash and salmon, not bake them in the oven.[p]Mark Backer, what do I do? I am over run with so many emotions right now...I don't know how to handle this!

Comments

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    egghead2004,
    I hope you take some pictures. My wife loves egged food but will not cook with it?

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    egghead2004,[p]First, don't let her see how excited you are. [p]Second, walk outside when it's lit, put your arms around her from behind, hold her for a moment, then ask if you can get her a cold beer while the egg gets up to temp.[p]You are a lucky man...
  • Unknown
    Options
    egghead2004,[p]Clearly you should stop at your local jewelry store on the way home and pick her up a little trinket.[p]Gwen
  • yoyo_in_atlanta
    Options
    Jopa,[p]She gets egged food without any work and you think this is a mystery?????
  • yoyo_in_atlanta
    Options
    Gwen,[p]Jewelry? I have a *free* idea.[p]Go [secretly] fold the clothes sitting in the laundry room while she is cooking on the egg. If you have time, replace the burned out light bulbs you have been putting off (or similar house chore). Then, do the dishes after dinner.[p]She'll be back egging tomorrow night. Guaranteed. You might even get some affection to spice up your dish.
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    egghead2004,[p]Ooooh baby. I'm getting warm just thinking about all this. You know there is NOTHING like a shared passion...be it cars, clothes, leather couches, or cooking on the egg. I can see it now..when you are both old and crochety and only able to eat pureed egg food. People will smile at the 2 of you and say...they cooked on the egg together. Man people will KILL for that kind of relationship. I'm jealous. Lawn, Lawn...come cook with me!!![p]Sniff.[p]MShark
  • BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    egghead2004,
    Carpe Ovum first took up the egg after attending last year's Eggtoberfest. She saw how many women were cooking on the egg and thought that she should be one of them. Frequently I pull up in the driveway and see that telltale waft of smoke rolling out of the daisy wheel and know it's going to be a good night. Last night I came home to a smoked then roasted whole turkey breast that had been rubbed all over with Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom. She's got that down to an art; smoke it for a couple of hours to get that great flavor, then crank it up to 350 to cook it and crisp up the skin (the best part of a turkey in my opinion).

• Fire in the Hole
    Options
    Definitely a keeper, that one.[p]:)[p]But on the flip-side. If she can egg on her own, that is one less thing she needs YOU around for. Hmmmmmmm...[p]Better make sure those trash bags are extra heavy.[p];)
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    egghead2004,
    I'm not too sure I'd be excited about that. Picture this...
    First she learns how to use the egg
    Then she discovers all the uses for duct tape and zip ties...
    She will have no use for you whatsoever. Then she will tell her friends. Eventually, it will get back to my wife and she will leave me... and take my egg, tape and ties.
    Thanks man.. thanks a lot!!!!

Apollo Beach, FL
  • egghead2004
    Options
    Ahhh, I came home last night to see my large egg cooking away about 350 dome temp. Under the dome was my share of salmon, just getting to 110 degrees, and an acorn squash with butter, maple syrup, and brown suger. A fantastic egged meal.[p]I didn't get any pictures...didn't want to make too much fuss about it.[p]Hoping that maybe I'll get something egged for tonight, I asked her if she could start some pizza dough, she said "no". My heart started to sink, am I getting greedy? maybe pushing too fast?..."I'm going to cook some chicken wings" she said. Even better I said very calmly. Meanwhile I want to scream. We both are on a mission with wings in the egg, I'll post on a different subject for that.
    ...it has been 10 months, 7 days, and 5 hours from the time she bought the large, til the day she finally used it, not bad.[p]

• egghead2004
    Options
    Gwen,
    I am one of the lucky guys who found a wife who isn't jewelry crazy. Nah, she just wants me to buy her a new Honda Odessy and fill it up with kids.....I'm a lucky guy...

• egghead2004
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    We shared a couple black and tans, SHE did the dishes, and I went upstairs to read our daughter some bedtime stories.
    Then she went online to look at new minivans....gee, do you think she has a plan here?

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    egghead2004,[p]Random kids from playgrounds or children you've made yourself? [p]If it's the first one, I may be forced to alert the authorities. That just doesn't sound right.[p]By the way, I too have a wife who's not jewelry crazy. She doesn't really enjoy clothes shopping either. She likes beer, Egging, and just laying around.[p]Boy, if you read that last paragraph again, it sort of sounds like I married a guy. LOL
  • Unknown
    Options
    egghead2004,[p]You are![p]While I do enjoy jewelry, for mother's day I asked for (and got, esp since I went out and bought it myself ha ha) a minitiller. Couple years ago got a dremel for my birthday. Another fave gift was my pvc cutter. (I like to make our own Halloween props.) I've never felt dh fully appreciated me![p]And now I am getting myself -- err, I mean, him an egg for father's day.[p]Gwen

• Unknown
    Options
    Mollyshark,
    I'll be your Huckleberry!