Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I make a paragraph

Options
stemc33
stemc33 Posts: 3,567
How do I make a paragraph or list without everything getting jumbled? It all look good before I post, then it all runs together.
Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    It's an epidemic!!

If using a PC or Mac, hit the Return key twice.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Don't know how this will appear on a computer as I am composing it on my mobile device (HTC OneS). To me this is an informal form. I'm not composing a resume to land a new job and if I were I wouldn't be drinking a Yuengling and using my mobile :)) . That being said see how it looks.
    I would think just make it look "right" on the POV you have whether mobile or otherwise. Or maybe I'm totally wrong. Either way take a look see.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Nope. I made that look like 2 separate paragraphs as I was typing on mobile. When I posted the comment it magically reformatted it to appear the way you see it. Dunno man. Interesting. Perhaps the more versed geeks will chime in here @DMW‌ & @nolaegghead‌. I got nottin here. ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    see my link above. worked for someone just yesterday.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Auburntgr
    Auburntgr Posts: 78
    edited June 2014
    Options
    When you want to start a new paragraph with an IPad enter < BR> < BR> With no spaces on its own line. I created a short cut in the iPad keyboard settings.
    Franklin, TN Medium and large Green Egg
  • stemc33
    Options
    This doesn't make since.
    Everything is supposed to be easier with apple. What was all that carriage talk and even mean. The <> signs aren't even in the second character menu. You have to go to the third.
    Brings up another point. How do you get the degrees symbol on an iPad.
    I get that it's not a resume site @NPHuskerFL‌. But separating certain stuff makes more since. If it's not easy to follow, people just ignore it.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33
    Options
    Trying again. Why did the text get bold?

Tried the whole br thing twice. Maybe this will work. This is just a test.
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    I am a spelling fanatic. So I tend to "edit" after I see a misspelled word etc. And grammatical errors drive me nuts. So I understand.

Since sense :)) lol
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @stemc33

The problem isn't with Apple, it's with the Vanilla's implementation of their user interface.   Chances are, if you think about it, you probably don't have this problem with other web sites.  Or at least not all other web sites.
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I am a spelling fanatic. So I tend to "edit" after I see a misspelled word etc. And grammatical errors drive me nuts. So I understand. Since sense :)) lol

I'm always screwing up words or using them wrong. I know what they mean if you ask me, but my brain only picks up other peoples spelling and grammar errors. I can reread something that is wrong twenty times and my brain processes it as if it is write(kidding, I know which rite to use. Oops I meant right). Anyway, were we to simple back in the day to just make up new words? Why do we need too, to, two, herd, heard, here, hear, since, sense, by, bye, and all the other words that are so easy to misuse?
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming