Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Allergy Season

Options
Must be all the rain we've had this spring but, my allergies are as bad as they've been in a long time. Constant running nose and congestion along with itchy eyes. I may have to go back to taking a daily Aerius.

Anyone else suffering and, if so, what do you take?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Sorry we have vaulted past the pollen stage and into the enferno stage- but pollen was indeed heavier here this year. I too had some issues for the first time in a long while.
    Greensboro, NC
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    This stuff, one shot a day up the nose.image

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mine is always at the start of football season and runs till the end. Go figure
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Mickey said:

Runny noses from crying over a football team don't count.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Try this: 2-3 tbs of local honey each day for about 2 months. It must be local honey. While it may be too late for this to relieve your current symptoms it will help reduce or eliminate them in the future.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Nasal lavage to rinse out irritants.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Only when cutting the weeds...er grass.
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options

Yeah, I use hydra sense. Is that what you mean?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I think that is ragweed season.  You can google what pollinates when and see what is local to your area and find out what it is that bothers you.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Same here, never been allergic to anything, but this year I seem to have caught up for the other years.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yeah, I use hydra sense. Is that what you mean?
    Yep.  Irrigation.  SWMBO uses the Neti Pot.  I'm too chicken to use one, and I don't need it.  Make sure you use sterile water with this type of irrigation.  Bad bugs can breach the brain barrier and you can get meningitis.
    Options
    I have used sterile saline solution straight from the bottle for an uncomfortable but refreshing sinus flush.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Never had them till this year John. I've heard this year is really bad cause of the late spring. Everything is out  at once. Cut half the grass this morning and had to stop.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Never had them till this year John. I've heard this year is really bad cause of the late spring. Everything is out  at once. Cut half the grass this morning and had to stop.
    I'm an asthmatic and mowing the lawn would normally induce a wheezing episode until I decided to buy a breathing mask.  Not the cheapy paper ones that don't guarantee a seal on the face but the rubber mask with replaceable filters and valves so you inhale through the filter and exhale through an exhaust port.  I can mow the yard and feel fine when I'm done.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.