Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spoon Roast?

Options
I went to the grocery store today that used to carry tri-tip roasts. They didn't have any, so I asked at the meat counter if they had any and he told me that a spoon roast is the same thing. Not knowing any better coupled with the fact that the spoon roast looked a little like a tri-tip, I picked one up. Got home and did a little checking and it seems that a tri-tip and a spoon roast are nothing alike. What does everyone here think? I'm going to treat it like I would a tri-tip but have a feeling that it won't have that same good flavor. Thoughts?
Large BGE

Neenah, WI

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I thought Spoon Roast was a top sirloin, good for deli roast beef.
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Never heard of it before, just googled it. Like @Tjcoley mentioned, sounds like top sirloin. Lean cut, would reverse sear or cook and slice for lunch meat like he mentioned. If you reverse sear, I would slice thin and serve it with aus jus.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker