Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin and Grilled Zucchini

Options
xiphoid007
xiphoid007 Posts: 536
Grilled some pork loin tonight for dinner. Sliced up some zucchini with the mandolin to grill up as well.

Simple rub on the meat: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. Actually my wife's pork standard. Absolutely amazing taste for pork. Just compliments the meat without overpowering it

Raised direct at 375 for 25 min til 140. Grilled up the zucchini next to it until a little crispy.

Did some spinach with swiss chard, green onion, and garlic scapes inside.

Just amazing. I love pork loin. So simple, so good.

As an aside, I have known my wife for 21years and been married to her for 13. She has never liked zucchini, but she loves it grilled on the egg. Another BGE miracle!!!

imageimage
Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Excellent looking meal!! It's kinda funny how fire and smoke bring a new life to foods we wouldn't eat before.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bigdogk9
    bigdogk9 Posts: 69
    Options
    Looks real good!!! What do you season the zucchini with?
  • xiphoid007
    Options
    Brushed with olive oil, salt and pepper. I like simple on my veggies. Zucchini from a local farm. Don't want to mess up the great taste already there.
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Good looking cook.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Looks great. I know what you mean about the egg being a game changer. Asparagus on the egg is one of my favorites. Last week I cooked the asparagus on the gasser because my small egg was full and I didn't want to fire the XL just for asparagus. I was disappointed with the results. Real fire adds so much flavor.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • xiphoid007
    Options
    Love grilled asparagus! I hate turning it though. My wife sells pampered chef stuff and I use her grill basket for it so I don't lose the little jewels in the fire. @DMW do you have and tricks for grilling asparagus?
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • LumpForBrains
    Options
    Love grilled asparagus! I hate turning it though. My wife sells pampered chef stuff and I use her grill basket for it so I don't lose the little jewels in the fire. @DMW do you have and tricks for grilling asparagus?
    I know this is a really old thread, but my favorite Asparagus recipe is to trim asparagus. Slather with EV Olive Oil. sprinkle thoroughly with salt and about a tea of white sugar. Cover with orange zest, or lemon if you don't have an orange, then grill at about 550 until al-dente! Superb!